Friday, April 27, 2007

A Little Thing Called Hope

I am approximately 2 to 3 pages short of a completed spec. It still needs some polishing, but it is almost finished. I am a happy girl! I will be mailing it off to the Nicholl on Monday. I don't anticipate placing, but I am excited anyway. It is a step.


In other news...

Once in a while one in our ranks crosses over to the other side. There is excitement. It's a collective high. And it got me thinking...

We are excited for the success of another struggling screenwriter because we know the hard work that goes into it. We appreciate their great talent. We have spent hours chatting together about the challenges we all face in this rat race.

But, I think there is more to it...

The dream we are watching come true isn't just any dream. It is our dream. It reassures us that it is possible to suceed. It gives us hope.

3 comments:

Julie O'Hora said...

If I can do it, so can you. It's hard as hell, but it's not impossible.

Congrats on nearing the finish line on your spec! Good luck in the Nicholl!

ASA said...

Just wanted to let you know that I linked your blog to mine -- if that's not cool, let me know.

Best!

Matt

annabel said...

Thanks, Julie! Your encouragement has meant a lot!

Thanks, Matt! I'll do the same :)