Sunday, April 29, 2007

I Did It! I Did It! I Did It!

I have finished writing my first completed feature! I did it! This excites me for many reasons. First, it is done in time for the Nicholl. A few weeks ago I had given up all hope of making the deadline. I began writing screenplays over a year and a half ago and had yet to write an entire feature. This one I began last July and I now finally get to see the results of all that effort. But, the thing that excites me most is that I stuck with it. I am a girl with a million ideas, but no follow through. I am notorious for starting projects and then dropping them. But, not this time! This time I did it!

I made minor corrections (typos, spelling errors, etc.) on a paper copy yesterday. My sister got out her red pen and went over it to double check. Today I just need to enter those adjustments into FD and it will be ready to mail.

Today I am a screenwriter!!!