Tuesday, April 10, 2007

Hindsight is 20/20

I received some very helpful notes last week! I realized that I had made a major mistake. I had made adjustments to my story shortly after I began writing it. I then made more adjustments after getting notes from Scott the Reader. Each time I made tweaks here and there to change certain aspects of the story. In retrospect, I should have done more than tweaking. I needed to go back and alter the outline from top to bottom (or bottom to top).

I have spent the past several days revising my outline. I think I have tied up all of the loose ends that were waving wildly in the wind. All in all, I think my story has a clearer, sharper focus.

I have rewritten about 58 pages. There is still a lot of writing to do. I am knee-deep in Act II. Wish me luck!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Knee-deep in act II is right about where I start wishing I had spent more time outlining. :-)

Good luck!

Julie O'Hora said...

Go-GO-GO!

IQCrash said...

I envy your ability to just sit down and write. You seem to be far more disciplined than I.

I'm losing this bet for sure.

ASA said...

Annabel -- this is the exact reason that I re-write 2nd drafts from the printed page (completely retyping the screenplay) after erasing (yes, erasing!!) the computer files (disc et al).

You won't find yourself getting caught in copy/paste - 'where was I' - hell.

You'll also discover that you have to re-think every word of your work, thusly creating a more polished draft. Try it sometime.

Oh, and you've been tagged by me to name 5 things about yourself.