Thursday, May 3, 2007

Under Pressure

Mm ba ba de
Um bum ba de
Um bu bu bum da de
Pressure pushing down on me

Less than five hours after mailing out "After Alice", I began work on another spec. This spec represents a big change for me. It is a different genre and I am working with a partner. Oh, and did I mention we are trying to bang it out in 30 days?

I have toyed with the idea of writing with a partner for awhile. I like the idea of collaborating. Writing is a lonely business and there is something comforting about having someone running the race with you. So, when I was approached with the idea of teaming up I jumped at it.

My writing partner and I are very different people. It is like, "Rebel Without a Cause meets Sound of Music". Yet, it works. We get along swimmingly. We balance each other out.

We are working along at a good steady pace. The first three days we got an amazing amount accomplished considering the amount of time we spent laughing (we think we are quite humorous). Last night we learned the key to writing together is writing separately. It only took an hour and a half of bickering about the description following the introduction of a minor character to figure this out. But, we are back on track now.

We set some very ambitious deadlines. Fortunately, I work pretty well under pressure. Yet, there is that rebellious part of me that balks at writing just because I know I have to do it. Hence the reason I am here talking about writing rather the getting the job done.

Under pressure
Under pressure
Pressure

1 comment:

IQCrash said...

Sounds like you've got yourself a real winner on your hands, Annabel.

I'm not even gay and I would probably do this guy he sounds so fantastic.