Saturday, March 17, 2007

Into the Abyss

Blogs dedicated to screenwriting fall into two categories - blogs written by those few living the dream and those written by the many chasing the dream. There are more than enough screenwriting blogs out there. So, why am I adding yet another to the already congested information highway?

There are many screenwriting blogs I visit. With a few exceptions, my visits are sporadic. Yet, I keep coming back for more. I visit the pros for valuable information and advice. I visit the amateur (or as the optimists say "pre-pro") blogs for encouragement. Writing is generally a lonely undertaking, but it is nice to be able to connect with others that are on the same journey. I like to know that I am not the only one struggling with a scene, a character, an outline ... or fear.

I have nothing valuable to add to the screenwriting world, but I have decided to pour my musings into the abyss. If I alone read this, I hope it helps to push me along and keep me focused. If others happen to stumble upon my page, I hope it encourages them to keep plugging along.

"To get through the hardest journey we need take only one step at a time, but we must keep on stepping." - Chinese proverb

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

welcome to the Scribosphere

annabel said...

Thanks!