Monday, March 26, 2007

A Venture

I pledged to submit to the Nicholl Fellowship screenwriting contest this year after not being prepared to enter by last year's deadline. I was already accepting defeat yet again this year and coming to terms with missing another deadline when I ran into IQCrash in the Artful Writer chat room last week. We started with a discussion that turned into a competition regarding our superior skills in the art of procrastination. Clearly, we needed motivation (among other things). He encouraged me to make the deadline. Ready or not - jump!

How could two first-rate procrastinators make a May 1st deadline? A bet, of course. How much wisdom there is in making bets with strangers you meet on the internet is a whole other story. For now, I have a bet to win! This isn't just any bet. This is a two tiered bet.

Will it work? Do you want to bet on it?

In the meantime, write on!

4 comments:

IQCrash said...

You'll have to refresh my memory.

Tier 1 was the goat thing, right? What was Tier 2?

I'm also not making any progress on the script, this is not looking good for me.

annabel said...

Tier 2 was a pipe dream.

You'll do it! You said you work well under pressure!

Anonymous said...

Last month I doubted I'd have anything ready to submit, because there was no way in hell I was going to cheat and re-submit the same script as last year with a rewrite job done on it... but now it looks like I may have one. I am just writing it with the notion I WON'T be submitting because it won't be done, that way maybe it will get done on its own time, and not forced

annabel said...

That is a smart idea! Unfortunately, for myself, I tend to need to really push or it never happens. Anyway, I'm wishing you all the best!