Tuesday, November 6, 2007

Musical Meme

I was tagged by the lovely Julie O. Here are the instructions (copied from her blog) -

So here is your assignment for today, dear readers. Find a song that inspires you to write something, whether it gives you an idea for a script or just puts you into a better frame of mind. AND/OR (don't you love choices) peek into the lyrics and find a stanza that sums up the theme of whatever script you're working on. It's quite uncanny how the two circumstances go together.

If possible, post a video of the song to really get people into the mood. (Yep, I'm aware of the irony of using Internet clips during the pissing contest. I like irony as much as bitchiness.)

Then, send the assignment (by e-mail or posting to one of their blog entries) to 5 other writers to do. Inspire the world! Or just some random people from your blogroll, like me. Then pass it on like a gonorrhea outbreak on a Degrassi episode. Woohoo, TV rules!


I often listen to music when I am trying to set a tone in my mind for whatever it is that I am writing. The song that best fits the screenplay I am working on now is definitely Learn To Be Still by the Eagles.

Here are a few lines from the song that tell the story -

How do I get out of here
Where do I fit in?
Though the world is torn and shaken
Even if your heart is breakin’
It’s waiting for you to awaken
And someday you will-
Learn to be still
Learn to be still






Tag! You're it!

2 comments:

Rhys said...

Awesome choice! Those lyrics really resonate with me. :)

Best of luck on your screenplay!

annabel said...

Thank you! :)