Thursday, November 1, 2007

The Headlines

Hollywood writers ready to strike...
Some of the most popular shows on US television could be forced off the air if writers go ahead with a strike over pay. Scriptwriters are threatening to log off their computers on Thursday if a last-minute deal cannot be reached over royalty payments. (and so on...)

I don't have much to say about the possible strike. I do hope that the increased media attention will increase the general public's awareness about the importance of the writer. A little more respect and appreciation for movie and television writers would be awfully nice.


Well, I am off to Artful Writer to see what Craig Mazin has to say about the state of things.

2 comments:

ASA said...

Man, I always thought the actors just got together with a couple camera dudes and they made it all up as they went along....

You're bursting my Hollywood balloon, dudette.

Julie O'Hora said...

Tag, you're it. :)