Saturday, November 10, 2007

Borrowed From Films

Myfilms.com did a survey to find out which movie lines we use the most in everyday conversation. Here is their list:

Top Ten Film Lines

1. "I'll be back." The Terminator
2. "Frankly, my dear, I don't give a damn." Gone With The Wind
3. "Beam me up, Scotty." Star Trek
4. "May the force be with you." Star Wars
5. "Life is like a box of chocolates." Forrest Gump
6. "You talking to me?" Taxi Driver
7. "Show me the money." Jerry Maguire
8. "Do you feel lucky, punk?" Dirty Harry
9. "Here's looking at you, kid." Casablanca
10. "Nobody puts Baby in the corner." Dirty Dancing

That is the dream, isn't it? Imagine writing something that is so memorable it becomes a common catch phrase.

(Note that all of the lines listed were spoken by men. Are we not writing great lines for women? Hmm.)

As an interesting side note, there was more to the survey. They also asked the people which movies they would like to star in. Women chose Dirty Dancing and Pretty Woman. The men opted for Star Wars, Die Hard, and James Bond films. I told you it was interesting - ha!

4 comments:

Rhys said...

Good point, all spoken by men...I never thought of that! NO FAIR!!!

annabel said...

Since we make up over 50% of the population you'd think we would make out a little better, but we are still getting the shaft.

Women unite! :)

Anonymous said...

I always spout off Joe Peci's Tommy character from Good Fellas "Funny? Funny how..."

annabel said...

lol