Saturday, November 24, 2007

Kiddie Corner Movie Review

I have four children ages 15 to 7. Needless to say, most of the movies I get to actually see in a movie theater are aimed at kids. I thought I would make a comment or two about the last few movies I have seen for those of you who are also stuck in the kiddie section.

The Game Plan
It is a tradition for my family to go see a movie on Halloween. There was only one PG rated movie playing and this was it. I cringed, but what is a mother to do? It is $60 and an hour and a half of my life I will never get back, but the kids seemed to like it. At least the Rock is easy on the eyes.

Fred Claus
Fred Claus won out over The Bee Movie in a 3 to 1 vote. I am a big Vince Vaughn fan, so I tried to be hopeful. I must say the movie did have its moments and the kids loved it. It wasn't quite as good as Elf, but it wasn't nearly so bad as the Tim Allen Santa Claus movies.

Enchanted
I have been looking forward to seeing this movie since I caught the trailer awhile back. It looked like it would be right up my alley and it was. I love musicals. The world would be a better place if only people would randomly burst into song throughout their day. I try to sing on a whim where ever I am as often as I can. It is my little contribution to world. Anyway, the movie was a great balance between humor and sweetness. It worked for me. The kids thought it was great, too. Although, the Susan Sarandon character scared the heck out of the younger ones.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

With your reviews across the board except managed to miss The Game Plan, was grateful my baby mama took the kid. Whew.

Enchanted is REALLY pretty good.

annabel said...

You have no idea just how lucky you were to miss that one! ;)