Wednesday, July 18, 2007

More Movie Watching

Saturday I took my oldest (15) and my youngest (7) to the theater to see Ratatouille. It was a strange concept for a movie, but it was mostly enjoyable. Both my kids got rather bored at times. At one point I found my 7 year old sitting upside down in his seat. Personally, I had a hard time getting over the fact that they were rats. There is a scene where the main character and a zillion other rats scamper and scurry into a river. It made my skin crawl. It isn't one of my favorite animated movies, but overall it was pretty good.

I caught one of my favorite old films on television a couple of days ago. Ladies They Talk About is an early Barbara Stanwyck gem. Lillian Roth sings beautifully in the film.

I also caught half of A Few Good Men. I had almost forgot how wonderful a movie it is. I feel quite certain that Jack Nicholson is the greatest actor ever. It is sad to see him aging so rapidly now. There will never be another like him.

3 comments:

Adam Renfro said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Adam Renfro said...

I was working on a scipt called Alpha Mouse when this came out.

I found a safe place and curled up for awhile.

annabel said...

I know that feeling!