Monday, July 30, 2007

The Coreys

Having hit puberty in the 1980s I was, of course, a fan of "the Coreys". In fact, I had a mega-crush on Corey Haim. I watched Lost Boys dozens of times. I loved Stand By Me, Licensed to Drive, Dream a Little Dream, and Goonies.

It was sad to see two talented guys lose everything to drugs. They are poster children for all the evils of being a child star. They both were quality actors, especially Feldman, and I have often wondered why they have not been able to pull off a Barrymoresque comeback. They deserve a second chance.

When I saw the advertisement for The Two Coreys I had to tune in for the nostalgia. I expected it to be just another reality television nightmare - and it pretty much was. The show was less than dynamic, but it did make me laugh a few times. The basis of the show seems to be Haim fighting with Feldman's uptight, insecure, immature, b*tchy wife. I am not sure that I will bother to tune in again, but it was fun to reminisce.

Feldman doesn't look too worse for the wear. Haim hasn't fared as well, but there is still a spark of the mischievous boy he once was when he smiles. Who knows? Maybe, against all odds, they will find their way back.

2 comments:

IQCrash said...

I really liked the show.

Wow is Feldman's wife a cunt. ;)

I think Haim looks pretty darn good, all things considered.

I'll definitely watch it again - I too was a big Coreys fan.

I think that makes me gay.

annabel said...

I knew I couldn't be the only fan out there! ;)