Saturday, August 18, 2007

Waiting

I turned over my first draft to my writing partner a week or so ago. Once he completes the rewrites we will have a first draft - woohoo. In the meantime, I am stepping away from the story with the hope of coming back to write a second draft with a fresh perspective. We will be doing a couple of major overhauls on some characters in the rewrite. We also plan to adjust the pacing in a couple of sections. But thus far, he and I are quite pleased with the shape the story has taken.

The adventures of writing with a partner continue. More about that next time...

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Congrats. Don't take any downtime while waiting for that rewrite. Start working out notes on your next ideas,keep the juiced flowing

Adam Renfro said...

I’m with MQ. Now’s a good time to write outside the box. Find an unusual time or place to surprise your script weary dendrites. I’m thinking dark room, oscillating fan, and sound machine set to “waves.” No, you’re in Wilmington. You got waves. Try “train.” No, too Freudian. How about “wind” or “chimes”? Then picture your most cinematic scenes. You know, the ones that will go on the trailer w/ some uber cool music? Got five or six of those?

Hey, that sounds pretty good. Think I’ll try it.

annabel said...

Thanks guys! LOL

I will try to stay focused, but I am afraid I might have caught ADD from my writing partner. It is terribly catchy. ;)