Saturday, September 1, 2007

Victory In Inches

Victory is won not in miles but in inches. Win a little now, hold your ground, and later, win a little more.--Louis L'Amour


Today I had one of those victories that is so minuscule it hardly deserves mentioning. Yet, on a day when I am feeling defeated any victory, no matter how small, is a welcomed gift. I received a letter from the Austin Film Festival notifying me that though I had not made it to the semi-finals I had advanced to the second round. Being in the top 10-12% of nearly 4,000 entries isn't exactly a grand slam, but it gives me hope.

It was my first screenplay. I had rushed it to completion to make the deadline. So, even though After Alice was not a contest winner I am encouraged. Though I have a long journey ahead of me, perhaps, I am headed in the right direction.

4 comments:

Christina said...

Woo-hoo for you!! Relish the proud moment, I say.

Anonymous said...

hey, way to go... savor the victory, but like stale gum, put it on the bedpost after and dig into a fresh slice

annabel said...

Thanks :)

Tracy said...

Cool!!!