Wednesday, February 20, 2008

Weekend Update

I had to canceled my writer's group meeting Sunday. My oldest daughter and I were sick. I spent most of the day in bed. It must have been a 24 hour bug, because we were both fine on Monday. So, I have to wait another week before getting the feedback on my script. I am anxiously awaiting, because I want to jump on a rewrite before I start a new project.

A new project? I have been tossing an idea around for awhile. I am actually revisiting a story I had begun to work on a few years ago. It never really went anywhere, but I am feeling up to the challenge of exploring it more fully.

I saw Definitely, Maybe over the weekend. I have always said that I wasn't a Ryan Reynolds fan, but I might just change my mind. He was wonderfully charming. The movie was predictable in the way that all romcoms have Austenesque endings. Yet, the story was told in a somewhat unique way, which kept it interesting. And the characters were well written. I liked it. What can I say? Sometimes a girl wants to know she can count on a happily ever after.

No comments: